forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "John Morrison" <john.r.morri...@ntlworld.com>
Subject RE: [Patch] tweaks to DTDs and XML
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 08:57:23 GMT
> From: David Crossley [mailto:crossley@indexgeo.com.au]
>
> John Morrison wrote:
> > All Patches applied, please verify - Thanks David.
>
> Thanks John, yes all is well. I see one minor issue though.
> The CVS log message for the multiple commits just said

It was multiple only because I missed a file ;)

> "Some patches from ..." which will not be very useful down the
> track. I know that it is a lot more effort, but necessary i think.

Humm, I think we'll agree to differ there - how often have you
ever looked back though cvs log comments?  I never have...

I use cvs comments to help me link recently posted patches with
the work actually done, I'm afraid I don't usually rely on them
being meaningful with regard to the actual code changes.  Now,
that might just because I'm working with a team of Windows
developers who can only just use VSS but...

> That is why i provided descriptions of what the patches were for.

The descriptions were useful to decide whether I should patch or
not.  I prob should have used them in the cvs ci -m.

> Thanks again (and i hope that i am not being too critical :-)

Critical like this I don't mind at *all* :)  *Please* continue
to keep an eye on us (occasionally if nothing else).

J.