forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Morrison, John" <John.Morri...@uk.experian.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: xml-forrest/charts graph.xsl sampledata.xml
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:45:57 GMT
That looks OK, just a few comments/questions:

> From: Sam Ruby [mailto:rubys@us.ibm.com]
>
> John Morrison wrote:
> >
> > Could you give me an example?
>
> Sure:
>
>    <data group="Downloads" date="12 Feb 2002">

could we have the date as:

     <data group="Downloads" year="2002" week="06" month="02" day="2"
date="12">

That would allow me to group by week... I think.

>      <datum dir="axis" value="17"/>
>      <datum dir="batik" value="10"/>
>      <datum dir="cocoon" value="32"/>
>      <datum dir="commons" value="4"/>
>      <datum dir="crimson" value="72"/>
>      <datum dir="fop" value="185"/>
>      <datum dir="security" value="6"/>
>      <datum dir="soap" value="202"/>
>      <datum dir="xalan-c" value="11"/>
>      <datum dir="xalan-j" value="116"/>
>      <datum dir="xang" value="2"/>
>      <datum dir="xerces-c" value="165"/>
>      <datum dir="xerces-j" value="683"/>
>      <datum dir="xerces-p" value="79"/>
>      <datum dir="xmlrpc" value="49"/>
>    </downloads>
>

> Note: that is an actual count of files successfully downloaded from
> http://xml.apache.org/dist/ which end in .zip, .tar, or
> contain ".tar." in
> the name for yesterday.  If we can agree on a DTD, then I can
> spit out this
> information, one day per file, going back to November, and place the
> results at some location that you can easily access via http.
>  And set up a
> cron job to capture add new files daily.

and another file with special 'events' in it?

Could do with accumulating the data to be on a weekly basis or we
could display *far* more detailed information...  If we do the accum
on the fly that would be *very* slow (relatively speaking :)

J.

of this email.