forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [phases] Forrest
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:53:07 GMT
I've placed lots of irons in the fire with my dream-list, now it's time
to plan an incremental way to build it.

Here is my proposal:

[Phase 1] static

 - documentation
 - javadocs
 - logs graphs
 - calendar
 - RSS feed

[Phase 2] dynamic

 - weblogs
 - dynamic docs

[Phase 3] search

 - mail archive
 - search engine

The first phase can be statically generated, it would be easier to
accept at first and will eventually lead to a more diverse community
(currently, we are all cocooners, more or less)

                                  - o -

For the first phase we need:

for docs:
 1) collect all the various documentation from CVS
 2) adapt them to our DTD
 3) generate the docs

for logs:
 1) collect all the data we need
 2) analyze it
 3) collect the event data
 4) aggregate with the analyzed logs
 5) generate the graphics

for javadocs:
 1) collect all the sourcecode
 2) run javadoc with the XML doclet
 3) generate the docs

for calendar and newsfeeds:
 1) collect all the event data
 2) generate the calendar pages (or stubs for aggregation into docs)
 3) generate the newsfeed pages (global and subproject-specific)

In order to do this we need to:

1) have a 'subproject descriptor' that indicates:X-Mozilla-Status: 0009e code is located
 - where the documentation is located
 - what format (schema) the docs are written with

2) define a DTD for 'events' and expect 'events.xml' in the root of each
subproject
[past events can be used for news, future events can be used for
calendaring]

3) define a URI space for the generated docs

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.