forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Patch] tweaks to DTDs and XML
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 13:16:58 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Hi Stefano, my usual thing when i start out on an XML
> project is to validate one of the existing XML documents
> to be sure that the infrastructure is set up properly.

Yeah, I didn't do that... because I knew that somebody else would have
done it :)

I know, I know, call me captain lazy butt :)

> There are some issues with Forrest, but i have sorted
> most of them out and attach a collection of patches
> forrest-patch.tar.gz ...
>
> 1) changes.xml.patch
> - you were using a parameter entity to include the
> file developers.xml ... evidently parameter entities are
> only used in the DTD, need general entity in content.

opss :)

> 2) modified schemas/catalog
> - Fixed typo ... IOSdia.pen => ISOdia.pen

yeah, good eye

> 3) schemas/catalog.xcat
> This is a new file which is an OASIS XML Catalog
> It has the same content as the OASIS TR 9401 Catalog
> Some parsers use the new catalog.

ok, great.

> 4) various-dtds.patch
> - Fixed declaration of external entities for various DTDs
> - Were missing the mandatory system identifier.

cool

> 5) document-v11.dtd.patch
> - Fixed declaration of external entities for ISO character entity sets.
> - Were missing the mandatory system identifier.
> - Note that the ISO*.pen give incorrect example invocation,
> except ISOtech.pen which has the correct way.
> - Changed the parameter entity names to that recommended
> inside the entity sets, e.g. %dia; => %ISOdia; ... not sure why this
> was needed, but the parser was giving some stange errors.

oh, well, as long as it works and it's compliant I don't care.

> - Fixed incorrect syntax for link.att ... missing apostrophe.

cool

> There are a couple of other things that i do not have
> time to address. Here is what my xml parser says ...
> --------
> /usr/local/cvs/xml-forrest/schemas/DTD/document-v11.dtd [352:19] : Error: duplicate declaration
for element 'note'
> /usr/local/cvs/xml-forrest/schemas/DTD/document-v11.dtd [486:34] : Fatal error:
> content model not correctly delimited
> reading entity developers: developers.xml
> /usr/local/cvs/xml-forrest/changes.xml [18:11] : Error: an IDREF attribute refers to
the ID 'SF' which is not present in the document

Hmmm, weird. What parser are you using?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.