forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: Graph data
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:56:48 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Thanks to John and Steven for explaining the process.
> > That helps me a lot, and others too, i expect.
> But even more important: are you happy now with the current process?
> I know it
> is quite elaborate and any suggestions/opinions are welcome.

The only suggestion that i have at this stage is that
you get some of the data munging done at Sam's end.

One thing that i am still confused about is why the
final structure has <datum> elements as children of a
<datum> element. Surely that would confuse the next

 <data group="Downloads">
  <datum total="3441" week="2001-43">
   <datum value="90" dir="axis" />
   <datum value="64" dir="xerces-p" />

That is one reason that i asked if you had DTD yet,
actually an internal subset will suffice. I think that defining
the structure helps to visualise both the process and the
requirements. Here is a start (but it does not make sense to me).

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE graph [
<!ELEMENT graph (data+,events)>
<!ELEMENT data (datum+)>
<!ELEMENT datum (datum+)>   <!-- <<<<<< Woops -->
<!ELEMENT events (event+)>

Anyway, my parser chokes on this ...
Error: duplicate declaration for element 'datum'

View raw message