forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: CVS infrastructure
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:45:35 GMT
Morrison, John wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > Do you people think that we need to vote on putting
> > Centipede in as a kickstart? We have been trying to
> > discuss it for about two weeks now.
>
> We *do* need something soon - it is holding us up I think.
> However, I know nothing about Centipede and, atm, don't have
> time to investigate.  (I do know Nicola Ken Barozzi though :)
>
> If you (David) and Steven think this is the way to go, I'm
> happy to use the framework.

OK, i will get Centipede into my local xml-forrest working
copy and see how it all goes.

Anyway, the idea of Centipede is that we use it as a
kick-start and then modify the structure to suit our needs.
I gather that it is not something that we try to maintain.
Though it may be useful to remain in sync with some bits.

We can always retract portions if they are not needed
or we want to do it differently.

--David