forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <baro...@nicolaken.com>
Subject Re: [phases] Forrest
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:24:32 GMT
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org>

> [Phase 1] static
>
>  - documentation
>  - javadocs
>  - logs graphs
>  - calendar
>  - RSS feed

+1 I would add CVS commits info.
My humble opinion is that CVS comments, if correctly written, can be used to
make a "changes" document automatically.

> The first phase can be statically generated>
+1

> For the first phase we need:
+1

> In order to do this we need to:
>
> 1) have a 'subproject descriptor' that indicates:
>
>  - where the source code is located
>  - where the documentation is located
>  - what format (schema) the docs are written with

Centipede has a projectinfo.xml descriptor in the project root.
It also is used to generate README for dists, announcements and used for
other project infos.

> 2) define a DTD for 'events' and expect 'events.xml' in the root of each
> subproject
> [past events can be used for news, future events can be used for
> calendaring]

Instead of cluttering the project root, we could put a reference to the
location of events.xml in projectinfo.xml .

> 3) define a URI space for the generated docs
+1

Ok, Centipede is coming...

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 krysalis.org@nicolaken.com