forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <baro...@nicolaken.com>
Subject Re: CVS infrastructure
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:17:50 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Morrison" <john.r.morrison@ntlworld.com>
To: <forrest-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 2:10 PM
Subject: RE: CVS infrastructure

> > From: Steven Noels [mailto:stevenn@outerthought.org]
> >
> > John Morrison wrote:
> >
> > > Current Status?  Is there anything about ready for checking in?

Still finishing for interim release. Had a terrible day, the boss kept me
running all day long :-(

Anyway, I suggest you subscribe to the krysalis mailing lists, so that you
know what's going on and can partecipate in development. :-)

>  I think until things have been decided with the people
> currently watching this list we don't need to advertise.
>
> >     - should be pretty easy to set-up using Centipede
> >
> >   - we should decide on packaging:
> >
> >     - a full set-up of Tomcat/Cocoon/Forrest, ready to deploy on
> > the server, or
>
> Would like to do this - without keeping TC + Cocoon in cvs.
>
> >     - just the Cocoon webapp + Forrest, or
>
> as above... (war)
>
> >     - Forrest 'core' itself: C2 sub-sitemap + related materials
> > (stylesheets
> >     et al.)
>
> I think this is best - keep the cvs repository small.

In Centipede, I have a slim version of Cocoon (only SVG and PDF as extras)
and this brings down the size of the distro a lot. I will like to make the
Cocoon part downloadable separately, but for now it can be included.
This way we could build the site-doco using CLI and make a deployable war
build target.

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 krysalis.org@nicolaken.com
            - verba volant, scripta manent -