forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <baro...@nicolaken.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] initial build system for Forrest (Was: Simple example to start from)
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:36:33 GMT
> From: "Steven Noels" <stevenn@outerthought.org>
>
> > David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > > of your kit, to gain a kick-start. However, if the development (of
> > Centipede)
> > > moves to Forrest then i am concerned that the scope of
> > > Forrest will be far broader than that of Centipede. If so,
> > > then the world would lose the excellent starter kit that
> > > you provide.
> > >
> > > So i wonder if it is better that the two projects be kept as
> > > separate. Forrest can benefit from and acknowledge the
> > > kick-start. Lessons that are learned from the implementation
> > > can then be fed back into Centipede.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > Consider it as establishing the same infectuous relationship as
> > Avalon/Cocoon.

Your explanations are so clear I can only agree. ;-)
Very nice, I like it :-)

So, I finally set up the cvs notification to the krysalis-cvs mailing list
and Stefan Bodewig kindly added the centipede link in the Ant page
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/projects.html , so all is ready.
I'm on the ant-dev list now, to try and collaborate AMAP with the developers
there too.

Jakarta POI (http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/ - go see it, it's finally up!)
is using Centipede; I hope Forrest too can help Centipede grow while he
grows.
If someone wants to help-suggest-send patches he is -obviously- *very*
welcome :-)

I'd be honoured if you decide to use Centipede on Forrest. Nevertheless, I
think that it's not yet good enough in the present form, because it's a too
big distribution. IMHO if we collaborate, it will suit Forrest's needs.