forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <baro...@nicolaken.com>
Subject Krysalis Centipede 0.2 ready
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:04:35 GMT
Ok, so I did a release of latest changes to Centipede.

It gives you Ant and Cocoon, along with basic targets, structured build
file, interactive build and a project-info.xml file that contains all basic
project information.

- Major refactoring of tools structure to make upgrades to Centipede, Ant
and Cocoon tools easier.
- Added a project-info.xml file to group all basic info of the project in
one file; an Ant task puts this information in Ant as properties
automatically.
- Added izpress Ant task to compress html.
- Upgraded Cocoon to latest CVS version; now it uses the new TreeProcessor
and JispStore by default.

Fast HOWTO:
- modify project-info.xml
- put the right stuff in the right dirs:
  - java source in src/java
  - documentation in src/documentation
  - libs in /lib (core or optional)
  - other libs are easy to understand (I hope ;-)
- run build.bat or build.sh

Just one note: the /tools dir is not intended to be modified directly, so
that easy upgrade can be done there by simple dir substitution.
Which in fact means that all modifications done there will go in the next
versions of Centipede ;-)

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 barozzi@nicolaken.com
            - verba volant, scripta manent -