fluo-dev mailing list archives

From Arvind Shyamsundar <arvin...@microsoft.com.INVALID>
Subject Static checks for Muchos code
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2020 16:16:23 GMT
hi folks,
As Muchos has a bunch of non-Java code, I'm planning to enhance the tests we have for Muchos
to include some static checkers as well. Examples of those include:

  *   Ansible-lint (https://github.com/ansible/ansible-lint) for checking issues with Playbooks
  *   Check for "no newline at end of file" - I could use some ideas here. I found useful
commands online such as [1] which detect this, but I would totally reuse a more robust way
if there is one.
  *   Check for trailing whitespace outside of Ansible playbooks (Ansible-lint checks that
for playbooks) - again I found trivial way [2] to do this but would appreciate any tips on
more robust ways.
  *   Maybe also add PyLint (https://www.pylint.org/) for the Python code. This can be noisy,
but a one-time cleanup should eliminate most of the problems it will find right now.

Eager to get inputs and discuss before starting work on this.

[1]
find .-type f -print0 | xargs -0-L1 bash -c 'test "$(tail -c 1 "$0")" && echo "No
new line at end of $0"'

[2]
grep -r '[[:blank:]]$' .

Thanks.