fluo-dev mailing list archives

From Aishwarya Thangappa <Aishwarya.Thanga...@microsoft.com.INVALID>
Subject Run Accumulo and Hadoop services under systemd
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2019 19:25:33 GMT
Hi everyone,

While using fluo-muchos to deploy an Accumulo cluster, we recognized the need for various
Accumulo and Hadoop services to be run under a service manager like systemd which will ensure
that all these services are brought up correctly in the event of VM / OS reboots / cold starts.
We have made the required changes for this and would like to contribute it back to the community
if there is any interest around it.

Summarizing what we have done:

  *   Crafted separate systemd unit files for Accumulo (master, monitor, gc, traser, tserver),
Hadoop (journalnode, namenode, datanode, resourcemanager, nodemanager, zkfc) and Zookeeper
services.
  *   All of these unit files will be copied to the respective nodes' /etc/systemd/system
directory; the services will then be started and enabled by ansible systemd module.
  *   In case of num_tservers > 1, multiple tserver systemd units will be copied to the
node and each will be independently managed.
  *   Also made necessary changes to the existing cluster-wide scripts including accumulo_cluster,
accumulo_service, start_dfs, start_yarn etc., to have them work seamlessly with sytemd.

Is there an appetite to look at the details? If so, we can post a PR or if there are any feedbacks
and other considerations, please let us know and we can discuss them.

Thanks,
Aishwarya