fluo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] User mailing list for Fluo
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2017 00:40:17 GMT
On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 6:13 PM Mike Walch <mwalch@apache.org> wrote:

> I am OK with only having one mailing list for Fluo discussion but it
> shouldn't be called 'dev'. If we have a 'dev' list, we should also have a
> 'user' list so we don't confuse users.  If we want just one list, it should
> be named something like 'general'.

I had thought that all ASF projects must have a "dev" list, but I can't
find policy. In any case, "dev" is the norm, and I wouldn't want to change
that.

I was previously +0 on adding a "user@" list, but if the choice is between
two lists and one list that is not called "dev", I choose two lists. I'm
sure there's other "3rd options", but the quickest and easiest thing to do
is just create the second list. I'm switching my opinion to +1 for creating
a "user@" list.