fluo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:19:36 GMT
On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Josh Elser <elserj@apache.org> wrote:
> On 6/26/17 6:27 PM, Christopher wrote:
>>
>> I think it would be in Fluo's best interests to start the graduation
>> process. We've added one new committer, and have had several successful
>> releases. I think it's clear that the PPMC understands what is required of
>> them from the Foundation and is prepared to meet those requirements.
>>
>> While I would still be more comfortable with more committers coming on
>> board, I don't think this is a blocker for graduation. Given the niche
>> nature of Fluo, it is going to be hard to attract new committers no matter
>> what stage we are in (incubation or TLP). I don't think this is reflective
>> of its ability to survive as a TLP. What matters is that we understand how
>> to add new committers when they do come and there isn't much left to learn
>> from incubation.
>>
>> What does the rest of the PPMC think about applying for graduation?
>

> Can't argue with that logic. I'd say Fluo is more like niche on top of
> niche. I don't recall seeing any chatter on general@incubator on the subject
> of "expected community size" nor have I looked through graduations that
> define how many committers are added.

Not sure if they are looking for minimal # of committers added, I have
not seen that documented yet.  As for community size, the link I
posted earlier covers that.  It mentions the project must have at
least 3 independent committers.

> Anyways, I'm hesitant on graduation given the small, close-knit community,

I have seen other small and/or lightly active projects graduate with
no issue.  It seems the criteria are :

 * getting legal stuff inorder
 * showing the community can function in the apache way
 * releasing

I think we have met these criteria and I am not sure what else we need
to do.  I think the only way we can find out what else we may need to
do it to try to graduate.  If we try and fail, then we can take action
to address the failure.