fluo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Walch <mwa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: debugging fluo
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 20:02:50 GMT
Were you able to find a worker_*.log file for each of your workers?

Below are some tips for debugging:

- Each YARN container should have a 'stdout' and 'stderr' file.  These
files may have helpful error messages.  Especially if a worker failed to
start.  Also, any calls to System.out and System.err in your observer will
be printed to these files.
- When running Fluo in YARN, Fluo must use Logback for logging (due to a
hard requirment by Twill). Logback is configured using
/path/to/fluo/conf/logback.xml.  You should review this configuration but
the root logger is configured by default to print any message that is the
debug level or higher.
- If you configured multiple workers, each worker will run in a different
container and have a different worker_*.log file.
- When a worker starts up, it prints its configuration to worker_*.log.
Make sure that you configured your observers using the property
'fluo.observer.*'

-Mike