fluo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: debugging fluo
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 20:32:40 GMT
Caleb,

I just ran Fluo locally with Uno.  Below is some info I am seeing.
Do you see anything about RollingFileAppender in the stdout file?

$ pwd
/home/kturner/uno/install/logs/yarn/application_1478030941494_0001/container_1478030941494_0001_01_000004
$ ls
stderr  stdout  worker_1_host1.log
$ grep Rolling stdout
16:17:31,557 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderAction
- About to instantiate appender of type
[ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender]
16:17:31,574 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.FixedWindowRollingPolicy@bc1b008 - No
compression will be used
16:17:31,583 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender[FILE] - Active log
file name: /home/kturner/uno/install/logs/yarn/application_1478030941494_0001/container_1478030941494_0001_01_000004/worker_1_host1
16:17:31,583 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender[FILE] - File property
is set to [/home/kturner/uno/install/logs/yarn/application_1478030941494_0001/container_1478030941494_0001_01_000004/worker_1_host1]

Keith

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 4:22 PM, Meier, Caleb <Caleb.Meier@parsons.com> wrote:
> Hey Mike,
>
> So I’m not seeing any worker logs on my machines.  The search
>
> find / | grep worker
>
> yielded nothing.  Any ideas as to why these don't exist?  I'm not sure
> that my fluo.log.dir system property is successfully being set by the LogbackUtil class.
> Maybe this has something to do with it?

helpful error messages.  Especially if a worker failed to start.  Also, any calls to System.out
and System.err in your observer will be printed to these files.
> - When running Fluo in YARN, Fluo must use Logback for logging (due to a hard requirment
by Twill). Logback is configured using /path/to/fluo/conf/logback.xml.  You should review
this configuration but the root logger is configured by default to print any message that
is the debug level or higher.
> - If you configured multiple workers, each worker will run in a different container and
have a different worker_*.log file.