fluo-dev mailing list archives

From "Meier, Caleb" <Caleb.Me...@parsons.com>
Subject RE: debugging fluo
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 20:22:34 GMT
Hey Mike,

So I’m not seeing any worker logs on my machines.  The search

find / | grep worker

yielded nothing.  Any ideas as to why these don't exist?  I'm not sure
that my fluo.log.dir system property is successfully being set by the LogbackUtil class.
Maybe this has something to do with it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Walch [mailto:mwalch@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 4:03 PM
To: dev@fluo.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: debugging fluo

Were you able to find a worker_*.log file for each of your workers?

Below are some tips for debugging:

- Each YARN container should have a 'stdout' and 'stderr' file.  These files may have helpful
error messages.  Especially if a worker failed to start.  Also, any calls to System.out and
System.err in your observer will be printed to these files.
- When running Fluo in YARN, Fluo must use Logback for logging (due to a hard requirment by
Twill). Logback is configured using /path/to/fluo/conf/logback.xml.  You should review this
configuration but the root logger is configured by default to print any message that is the
debug level or higher.
- If you configured multiple workers, each worker will run in a different container and have
a different worker_*.log file.
- When a worker starts up, it prints its configuration to worker_*.log.
Make sure that you configured your observers using the property 'fluo.observer.*'

-Mike