fluo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Trademark discussions and plan
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 16:41:54 GMT

Christopher wrote:
>>> Maybe for the examples we could create a new fluo-examples repo in
>> >  Apache land?
>> >
>> >  Ah, ok, Zetten might be difficult (at least take concern). However,
>> >  you're not bundling Ansible, right? I'm not sure if this is a gray area
>> >  if you're just creating scripts that use Ansible (which is GPL). I'm not
>> >  100% if this is within the ability to do.
>> >

> Regardless of whether it's okay (pretty sure it's not, though, unless there
> are alternatives which can also satisfy the dependency which are not GPL),
> the lack of certainty about the future of that supplemental effort is not
> something we'd want to place upon the shoulders of an Apache PMC. It's not
> something we're prepared to support as part of an Apache project.
>

>> >  Do you know, Billie?

I did talk with Billie in chat who had said if Zetten is an "alternative
to deploy Fluo" which depends on Ansible, it might be ok. There are
other ways to deploy Fluo than just this one, but I believe we were both
a little uncertain still.

Is the desire to avoid putting the maintenance burden on the PPMC
synonymous with Zetten dying? If not, it gets back to that funny gray
area where PPMC are still actively working on it not at Apache.

If it's just something that Mike ends up maintaining, perhaps, moving it
out of the github.com/fluo-io group would be best?