fluo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] "Related projects"
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 20:05:17 GMT
Hi,

I figured it would be prudent to start a thread on this.

The more I re-read http://fluo.incubator.apache.org/related-projects/,
the more confused I am on the state of things.

While I do know that the original Incubation proposal only included the
"core" and "recipes" pieces, I don't think I realized that scope of how
many parallel projects existed in the github.com/fluo-io umbrella. Why
have so many of these been left in the github org instead of following
into the ASF?

To paraphrase from the general@incubator VOTE's, separate communities
are indeed allowed and fine for Fluo. The most clear point I can
probably bring is that the community members are likely 1:1 across the
PPMC and the fluo-io on Github (please tell me if I'm wrong). If I had
to guess, this is what sent up red flags to the other IPMC members.

Why would you want to keep something like fluo-quickstart completely
separated from the Apache Fluo community? I would think a project like
that would be *extremely* useful in helping to attract new users and
developers to Fluo.

Would love to hear what you all think.

- Josh