fluo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Trademark discussions and plan
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 19:40:28 GMT

Josh Elser wrote:

>> 3. Donate fluo.io to the ASF to do what they wish with it.
>
> I'm still catching up on things, but this seems *highly* unnecessary to
> me. See http://getkudu.io/. The ASF cannot *possibly* be in the business
> of controlling anyone who wants to register a domain name and point it
> at some *.apache.org. Given what I've read, the fluo.io redirect present
> is fine. and does not need to be addressed further.

Thinking some more here: there might be a bigger issue with the fact
that you essentially have two organizations which work on Apache Fluo
(incubating) comprised of the same members.

In the Kudu case, it was just a redirect from the old website. Here, we
have multiple projects still living "within" the fluo.io "name".