fluo-dev mailing list archives

From "St. Amour, Leo - 0553 - MITLL" <Leo.St.Am...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject Fluo use-case question: cross row/table updates
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 14:22:32 GMT
Hello,

I have an Accumulo scenario that is presenting issues and was wondering if
Fluo would help:

Suppose I have two tables (Main, Other). As I insert information into the
Main table, I want to store and manage a data structure in the Other table.
This data structure is a self-balancing binary tree. Therefore, some data
inserts will be simple and others will cause updates to propagate across
nodes of the Other tree. This would cause cross-row updates, which are not
guaranteed to be atomic.

This scenario does not necessarily require two tables, I can always combine
the two. Ultimately, I¹m looking for a way to make cross row updates to
dynamically update a data structure that is embedded in a table.

At a high-level, it seems like Fluo could help with this problem. Any
information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Leo