fluo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Walch <mwa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fluo use-case question: cross row/table updates
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 17:51:45 GMT
Hi Leo,

I think your problem is a good use case for Fluo.

A couple of notes:

* Fluo supports cross-row updates. However, a Fluo application has only one
table.  Cross-table updates are not supported at this time.  However, we
just typically combine data that would be in two tables into one by using
row prefixes (i.e Main data would be prefixed with 'm:' and Other data
would be prefixed with 'o:').
* While cross-table updates in Fluo are not possible, you can export data
from Fluo to Accumulo or even external systems (like Solr, Elastic Search)
using the export queue recipe (see
https://fluo.apache.org/docs/fluo-recipes/1.0.0-beta-2/export-queue/ ). We
have an example Fluo application called Webindex that maintains inbound
link counts in Fluo but exports its indexes to Accumulo (
https://github.com/fluo-io/webindex).
* This is a good time to take a look at Fluo as we are about to release
1.0.0.  We are following semantic versioning (http://semver.org) so any
thing written using 1.0.0 will be compatible with any 1.* release.

Let us know how it goes!

Best,
Mike