fluo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Require Java 8
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 13:20:59 GMT
+0

I am not strongly in favor, but I am not opposed.  My thoughts are :

 * Nothing in 1.0.0 implementation or API will actually require Java 8.
Ideally the switch would have been made earlier.  Switching at the
beginning of the 1.1.0 dev cycle makes more sense to me.
 * Users on Java 7 will not be able to use Fluo
 * Fluo Recipes is already at Java 8 and its implementation heavily uses it.

How will it simplify pom?