fluo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Notifications list
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 19:31:12 GMT
Hi Garvit,

No, using Slack as the "notification delivery" mechanism isn't an
option. Here at Apache, email is very important and a hard requirement
that all discussions related to the project get recorded on the list
(which the ASF archives and makes searchable).

Slack, or any other chat service, can also get a copy of notifications
and be used for informal discussions, but, the mailing list needs to
have the final copy.