fluo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing Fluo incubating 1.0.0
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 22:50:45 GMT
Keith Turner wrote:
> IMO Fluo is ready for a 1.0.0 release.   It really nice that we can now do
> this with Apache package names and Maven coordinates.  I am trying to
> brainstorm what needs to be done before releasing 1.0.0.  I feel like we
> are in limbo waiting on INFRA, but I would like to get the ball rolling on
> working towards putting a 1.0.0 release up for a vote.  Here is my quick
> list of things to do, what else needs to be added?
>   * Rename packages and make any needed documentation updates
>   * Run Fluo stress test on EC2
>   * Legal stuff??

As far as IP, I can't imagine there are any issues. Individuals should 
been owning the code they contributed (and are cool assigning copyright 
to the ASF).

There will be a necessary pass of all dependencies to make sure that 
they're compatible with the ASLv2. Should make a pass over the source 
code to make sure there are no copy-pastes from other projects (which 
would require a NOTICE update). If we're only doing a src release, we're 
pretty much done there. If we do a bin release too, we'll have to deal 
with the special L&N's for that bin release (the bundled jars).

>   * Triage any issues that we want fixed before 1.0.0
>   * Having an Apache web site for Fluo is a prerequisite

I was just thinking about this one after seeing your blog post. Would be 
nice to get these hosted at the ASF. I guess we're blocked on INFRA to 
get the repos transferred over though. At least Christopher's work on 
Accumulo's website will make this less painful.

>   * Make pom updates for doing a release.

View raw message