flume-user mailing list archives

From "Guyle M. Taber" <gu...@gmtech.net>
Subject flume sink and substitution variables
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 22:57:34 GMT
I’m trying to determine if I can use a substitution variable in the hdfs file path that is
derived from the apache virtual host name that is called on a web server listening as multiple
vhost names. Where is the substitution variable %host deriving that value and is there another
var I can use? Or can I use an interceptor to somehow extract the apache virtual hostname
called?

For instance, a single web server is hosting 3 virtual hosts.

vhost1.example.com
vhost2.example.com
vhost3.example.com

Can a single sink hdfs path be customized based on the vhost (not the server’s system hostname)
called?

Something like   "/hdfs/logdata/%ApacheVirtualHostname"