flume-user mailing list archives

From "lxw" <lxw1...@qq.com>
Subject Kafka Sink Topic was overwritten by Kafka Source Topic
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2016 03:57:10 GMT
Hi,All:

   I use Kafka Source to read events from one Kafka topic and write events to another Topic
with Kafka Sink,
the Kafka Sink topic configuration is not work, flume still write events to Kafka source Topic
(sourceTopic).

  agent_myAgent.sources.kafkaSource.topic = sourceTopic
  agent_myAgent.sinks.kafkaSink.topic = sinkTopic

  SourceCode in "org.apache.flume.source.kafka.KafkaSource.process()" :
   // Add headers to event (topic, timestamp, and key)
          headers = new HashMap<String, String>();
          headers.put(KafkaSourceConstants.TIMESTAMP,
                  String.valueOf(System.currentTimeMillis()));
          headers.put(KafkaSourceConstants.TOPIC, topic);

 and in Kafka Sink properties:

The topic in Kafka to which the messages will be published. If this parameter is configured,
messages will be published to this topic. If the event header contains a “topic” field,
the event will be published to that topic overriding the topic configured here.

  SourceCode in "org.apache.flume.sink.kafka.KafkaSink.process()":
  if ((eventTopic = headers.get(TOPIC_HDR)) == null) {
            eventTopic = topic;
   }

  In my case, how I can fix this problem?
  Flume version is 1.6.0.