flume-user mailing list archives

From Joe Lawson <jlaw...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject Re: Flume 1.7.0 Release Schedule
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2016 03:25:10 GMT
So 1.7 would support Kafka 0.9. The issues are pretty minimal around the
sink in master. Have you tried it? As for other means flume feels the
purest in not manipulating the data. If you are shipping logs, Logstash
(probably a bad word here :) is an option as it supports Kafka 0.9.

You could do something more hacky like piping into the Kafka console
producer too.

I know (elastic's) beats supports Kafka 0.9 in master but don't think it is
released either. Remember Kafka 0.9 came out in Oct or Dec so it's pretty
durn new compared to 0.8 which had over a year to get momentum. Let's not
even talk about 0.10 ;)

maybe this helps?

-Joe
On Jun 10, 2016 10:34 PM, "Jason J. W. Williams" <jasonjwwilliams@gmail.com>