flume-user mailing list archives

From <keith...@rogers.com>
Subject All sinks failed to process, nothing left to failover to
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 15:04:15 GMT
 Hi,
 I am running two Hive Sinks in failover mode.  When hive encounters a heartbeat failure
it switches over to the other sink but if that sink encounters the same error, Flume does
not seem to recover.  I thought there was a cool down period to which Flume would reattempt
the previous failed Sinks.  Do I have a configuration problem?

14 Apr 2016 15:01:04,818 ERROR [SinkRunner-PollingRunner-FailoverSinkProcessor] (org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run:160)
- Unable to deliver event. Exception follows.
org.apache.flume.EventDeliveryException: All sinks failed to process, nothing left to failover
        at org.apache.flume.sink.FailoverSinkProcessor.process(FailoverSinkProcessor.java:191)
        at org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run(SinkRunner.java:147)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Keith