flume-user mailing list archives

From "samnik60 ." <monishs...@gmail.com>
Subject Flume NG High Availability
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 18:12:05 GMT
Hi guys,
I have the following queries about flume ng High Availability,

- Is it possible to have active/active or active/standby flume agent? If so
kindly point me to a document to refer, i am unable to find it in flume
documentation.

The Use Case i am trying to address,

I  want to run a flume agent in a node which will take events from a jms
queue and persist it in hdfs. If the flume agent goes down , i want another
flume agent running in another node to take over this responsiblity. (
active/standby)

I dont mind having both flume agents trying to process events from same jms
queue , provided a event is taken by only one flume agent without race
condition which i feel is not practical ( active/active).

Any information on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam.