flume-user mailing list archives

From Gonzalo Herreros <gherre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flume High Available Methods
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2016 07:43:55 GMT
For me the best practice is what the big vendors do and recommend.
Your solution is of deploying multiple identical agents sharing the group
in the source is fine as long as you have a durable channel and are ok with
some messages getting delayed (or even lost) when a node goes down.

If you want full failover then you need to use the KafkaChannel, that way
Flume is backed by Kafka and any agent can sink an event sources by any
other agent.

Regards,
Gonzalo