flume-user mailing list archives

From Gonzalo Herreros <gherre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing flume in distributed mode and HA
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2016 09:28:12 GMT
That Cloudera documentation is ancient and talks about the old Flume
(that's why it differs from what you see in the Apache website), the modern
Flume (also called Flume-ng) doesn't not have a master, to have HA you need
several agents with the same configuration and a load balancer in front.
In some cases specific cases you might need need to build a hierarchy and
even add Kafka channels you have true fail tolerances.

Regards,
Gonzalo