flume-user mailing list archives

From Shashi Vishwakarma <shashi.vish...@gmail.com>
Subject Flume | Curl Post is not sending data to flume using http source
Date Sun, 06 Dec 2015 14:53:35 GMT
HI All

down votefavorite
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34118713/flume-curl-post-is-not-sending-data-to-flume-using-http-source#>

I have written flume script for receiving data from http source,but flume
is not receiving data from curl post command. Here is my script

########## NEW AGENT ##########
# flume-ng agent -f /etc/flume/conf/flume.httptest.conf -n httpagent
#

# slagent = SysLogAgent
###############################
httpagent.sources = http-source
httpagent.sinks = local-file-sink
httpagent.channels = ch3

# Define / Configure Source (multiport seems to support newer "stuff")
###############################
httpagent.sources.http-source.type = org.apache.flume.source.http.HTTPSource
httpagent.sources.http-source.channels = ch3
httpagent.sources.http-source.port = 8181
httpagent.sources.http-source.handler = org.apache.flume.source.http.JSONHandler
httpagent.sources.http-source.bind = localhost

# Local File Sink
###############################
httpagent.sinks.local-file-sink.type = file_roll
httpagent.sinks.local-file-sink.channel = ch3
httpagent.sinks.local-file-sink.sink.directory = /root/Desktop/http_test
httpagent.sinks.local-file-sink.rollInterval = 5

# Channels
httpagent.channels.ch3.type = memory
httpagent.channels.ch3.capacity = 1000

here is my curl post command

curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -d
'[{"username":"shashi","password":"xy1z"}]' http://localhost:8181

After firing this command nothing happens. I dont see any logging in flume.

Even i tried "nc localhost 8181" as well. nc command is also not getting
anything.

Any clue on this?