flume-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Suarez <ryan.sua...@sheridancollege.ca>
Subject Re: IIS Web server Logs
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 02:28:10 GMT
nxlog is open source

On Nov 19, 2015, at 8:19 PM, chandra sekar <thittaisekar@hotmail.com<mailto:thittaisekar@hotmail.com>>
wrote:

Dear Ryan,

Thanks for your info. Anyhow i am looking for open source technology only with Hadoop environment.

Regards
Sekar

________________________________
From: ryan.suarez@sheridancollege.ca<mailto:ryan.suarez@sheridancollege.ca>
To: user@flume.apache.org<mailto:user@flume.apache.org>
Subject: Re: IIS Web server Logs
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 14:47:34 +0000

Use nxlog to forward the IIS logs to a remote flume-ng.  Here’s a sample config:
https://www.loggly.com/docs/iis-web-server-logs/

On Nov 19, 2015, at 4:07 AM, chandra sekar <thittaisekar@hotmail.com<mailto:thittaisekar@hotmail.com>>
wrote:

Dear all,

I am new to Apache Flume. I have 5 Cluster Hadoop (YARN) node running on Linux machine.  I
would like to stream IIS webserver logs located at same subnet network to HDFS via Flume.

Do I need to run Flume-ng on the Windows Server machines which is running web server. Can
you please let me know detailed guideline  and configuration file.

I have archived Linux Realtime syslogs streaming to HDFS in the same cluster environment.
But no idea in remote server environment.

Regards
Shekar.