flume-user mailing list archives

From zuo ruochen <zuoruoc...@qingting.fm>
Subject Re: How to set the capacity of the memory channel ?
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 08:50:07 GMT
Thank you for your answer.
> On Nov 4, 2015, at 4:46 PM, Gonzalo Herreros <gherreros@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The capacity is just the buffer size which is how long is the queue of events we can
accept which are waiting to the processed by a sink.
> How many event can be processed (throughput) really depends on how fast the sink can
handle them.
> In other words, if the sink is not able to keep up, eventually no matter how big the
capacity, the client will have to slow down.

> Now imagine in the previous case the sink was faster than the source, even with a tiny
capacity it will have a higher throughput than the previous example.

> Regards,
> Gonzalo
>
> On 4 November 2015 at 08:29, zuo ruochen <zuoruochen@qingting.fm <mailto:zuoruochen@qingting.fm>>
wrote:
> Hello all,
>     When i use the memory channel,i am confused with the capacity. In the other word,
i don’t know the “capacity = 1000” is really represent for. In the user guider doc,
it says that mean 1000 events, but in fact we always  take throughput into account, I really
want to know is how many events can be processed if i set a capacity.