flume-user mailing list archives

From Ahmed Vila <av...@devlogic.eu>
Subject Re: Interceptor vrs Serialeztion
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2015 15:14:42 GMT
I think that interceptor is a way to go and you can use regex_extractor
interceptor instead of building your own - it simplifies deployment.
https://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#regex-extractor-interceptor

Further, you can use RegexExtractorInterceptorMillisSerializer for this
interceptor's type in order to do datetime parsing and do the formatting on
fly that will be suitable for your hdfs folder (f.e. extract year-month).
https://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#example-2

Later on, you can use header replacement string in the hdfs path to inject
a header defined with serializer's name ("timestamp" in the example above).
Hdfs Sink supports timestamp header out of the box and applies escape
sequences against it by default, unless hdfs.useLocalTimeStamp = true.
So, a1.sinks.k1.hdfs.path = /flume/events/%y-%m-%d/%H%M/%S  will have
replacement values from the timestamp header produced by regex extractor.

--

Best regards,
Ahmed Vila | Senior software developer

Office : +387 33 942 123
Mobile: +387 62 139 348

Website: www.devlogic.eu
E-mail   : avila@devlogic.eu
recipient(s) only. This email contains confidential information. It should
not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any party other than the
intended recipient. Any unauthorised distribution, dissemination or copying
of this E-mail or its attachments, and/or any use of any information
contained in them, is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are
not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any
attachment and all copies and inform the sender directly via email. Any
emails that you send to us may be monitored by systems or persons other
than the named communicant for the purposes of ascertaining whether the
communication complies with the law and company policies.