flume-user mailing list archives

From Robert B Hamilton <robert.hamil...@gm.com>
Subject RE: How can i get flume performance metrix? Jmx
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 17:14:45 GMT
There are some command line jmx tools available that might be worth looking at.
  Also if you need your own instrumentation then it is straightforward to get to the JMX metrics
via java, using standard javax.management.* classes.  We did something like that to make our
own jmx command line tool and found it to be extremely useful, especially when instrumenting
performance tests or interfacing with monitoring tools.

From: Sutanu Das [mailto:sd2302@att.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2015 4:39 PM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: How can i get flume performance metrix? Jmx

Hi Team,

Can you please advise how can I see the Flume jmx performance metrix in our production?

Our management is interested to know Flume performance usage as far as cpu, mem, gc, events,
etc…..

We use Hortonworks Flume 1.5.2.2

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific
statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission,
dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received
this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.