flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Flafka: how to differentiate the unfinished .tmp file and the abandoned one
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 01:10:31 GMT
If you kill the agent (not a kill -9) the temp files will be renamed (we
wait for a while for rename to be completed), so it should not happen. But
if you do a kill -9, there is not a whole lot we can do on the flume side.
If you notice a file not being written to for a while after a restart, just
rename it via the hdfs command.

--

Thanks,
Hari