flume-user mailing list archives

From Simeon Zaharici <simeon_zahar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: support for removing events from channel
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 21:04:23 GMT
I was wondering if it was possible to have this on a memory channel. We tend to use memory
channel more because of their better performance in cases where guaranteed delivery of events
is not mandatory
Thanks,Simeon

     On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 4:24 PM, Ashish <paliwalashish@gmail.com> wrote:

 On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Simeon Zaharici
<simeon_zaharici@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much Ashish!
> So do I understand correctly that this will only work on file channels ?

Yes File Channel only.
Are you looking for some other channel implementation?

> On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 4:17 PM, Ashish <paliwalashish@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Refer https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-2660
>
> The changes have been committed, the docs shall be visible in the next
> release on website. There is no direct delete, just fail the
> validation and it shall be marked NOOP.
>
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 12:50 PM, Simeon Zaharici
> <simeon_zaharici@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I ran into this jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-2613
>> regarding support for deleting events from a channel. However I could not
>> figure out how I could do this. Is there any doc on how to delete events
>> from a channel?
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>> Simeon
>

> --