flume-user mailing list archives

From Robert B Hamilton <robert.hamil...@gm.com>
Subject log dump tool?
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 02:30:47 GMT
Is there anything like a logdump tool for flume file channel?
Specifically I’m looking for some way to extract say the event data for the last N puts.
Alternatively can the logs be modified so that the last N (sink) commits will be ignored on
restart?

The scenario that I’m concerned about is this:

1.       server crashes, flume is restarted once the server is brought back.

2.       End user sees something odd in his HiveQL and speculates that data was lost.

3.       We peek into the WAL as they existed just before the restart (we saved off a copy)
and either

a.       Find an event corresponding to the missing data and use that to fix the data in the
destination, or

b.      Prove that the event corresponding to the missing data was not present at least as
far back as the logs go

I’m just wondering if there is a tool which makes number 3 possible….

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific
statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission,
dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received
this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.