flume-user mailing list archives

From Johny Rufus <jru...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Usage of Flume in JAVA code
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 22:24:14 GMT
An embedded agent only supports Embedded source/Avro sink combination, as
it is mainly used to send data generated by an application to a next level
flume agent running Avro source.
For your case, you need to setup a Flume agent configured with an exec
source and roll file sink. (as the data is generated by a command which you
are executing and not by your java application )

Thanks,
Rufus