flume-user mailing list archives

From rafeeq shanavaz <rafeeqshana...@gmail.com>
Subject Flume Roll File Sink - unable to create YY/mm/dd directory
Date Sun, 24 May 2015 13:00:55 GMT
Hi,

I am using Flume Roll-File-Sink to write data in text file on local
directory.

I am trying to use /%Y/%m/%d  in directory to maintain my data in daily
basis.

*Agent.sinks.rollSink.sink.directory =
/home/cloudera/flume_events/%Y/%m/%d/*

I am using timeStampInterceptor to achive above directory structure as
below:

Agent.sources.sample.interceptors = i2
Agent.sources.sample.interceptors.i2.type =
org.apache.flume.interceptor.TimestampInterceptor$Builder
#Agent.sources.sample.interceptors.i2.type = timestamp
Agent.sources.rollSink.filePrefix = FlumeData.%Y/%m/%d

But I am unable to create directory based on the timestamp and also i am
sending timestamp with event header.

Below exception is thrown:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/cloudera/flume_events/%Y/%m/%d/1432468505170-1 (No such file or
directory)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:221)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:171)
at org.apache.flume.sink.RollingFileSink.process(RollingFileSink.java:169)

*Please help me to create directory based on the timestamp in Roll File
Sink.*

Regards,
Rafeeq Shanavaz

“The virtue of a man ought to be measured, not by his extraordinary
exertions, but by his everyday conduct.” Blaise Pascal