flume-user mailing list archives

From "Vishwakarma, Chhaya" <Chhaya.Vishwaka...@Teradata.com>
Subject RE: Getting data from IBM MQ to Hadoop
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 07:11:23 GMT
Hi Gwen,

Thanks for the reply

a1.sources.r1.destinationName = BUSINESS_DATA
In above configuration “BUSINESS_DATA” is name of a queue?

From: Gwen Shapira [mailto:gshapira@cloudera.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2015 2:57 PM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Getting data from IBM MQ to Hadoop

Hi Chhaya,

First, it looks like one agent should be enough. Don't run agents on the Hadoop cluster itself
(i.e not on data nodes). You can give it its own machine, share it with other "edge node"
services (like Hue) or install it on MQ machine (if the machine is not too busy).

Second, destination should have probably been named "source", i.e. thats the queue or topic
that contains the data in JMS.

There is a nice example in the docs:

a1.sources = r1

a1.channels = c1

a1.sources.r1.type = jms

a1.sources.r1.channels = c1

a1.sources.r1.initialContextFactory = org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory

a1.sources.r1.connectionFactory = GenericConnectionFactory

a1.sources.r1.providerURL = tcp://mqserver:61616

a1.sources.r1.destinationName = BUSINESS_DATA

a1.sources.r1.destinationType = QUEUE

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 1:50 AM, Vishwakarma, Chhaya <Chhaya.Vishwakarma@teradata.com<mailto:Chhaya.Vishwakarma@teradata.com>>