flume-user mailing list archives

From "Needham, Guy" <Guy.Need...@virginmedia.co.uk>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Drop Hadoop 1 support
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 14:00:14 GMT
+1

Regards,

Guy Needham | Data Discovery
Virgin Media   | Technology and Transformation | Data
Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire RG27 9UP
D 01256 75 3362
I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/

-----Original Message-----
From: Jarek Jarcec Cecho [mailto:jarcec@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jarek Jarcec Cecho
Sent: 13 May 2015 13:20
To: dev@flume.apache.org
Cc: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Drop Hadoop 1 support

+1

I believe that dropping Hadoop 1 support is completely fair at this point. Hadoop 2 is stable
for a long time and offers much better capabilities.  People who remain on Hadoop 1 will still
have ability to download older Flume releases that are Hadoop 1 compatible.

Jarcec

> On May 13, 2015, at 5:39 AM, Hari Shreedharan <hshreedharan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Adding user@
>
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 5:56 PM, Ashish <paliwalashish@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1 (speaking as dev, it keeps life a bit simple)
>>
>> Would wait for the users to give +1's as they get directly affected
>> and possibly a few may have to upgrade Data Infrastructure.
>>

>> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 4:00 AM, Hari Shreedharan
>> <hshreedharan@cloudera.com> wrote:
>>> Flume devs,
>>>
>>> With Flume moving away from Java 6 in Flume 1.7, I would like to
>>> start a
>> discussion on whether we should completely drop Hadoop-1 support. I
>> am not sure we can even link against Hadoop-1 if we build with Java 7
>> as the minimum requirement. Even if we can, I think it might be a
>> good idea to drop Hadoop 1 support at this point.
>>>
>>> Comments?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Hari Shreedharan
>>>

>> --
>> thanks
>> ashish
>>
>> Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog My Photo Galleries:
>> http://www.pbase.com/ashishpaliwal

Save Paper - Do you really need to print this e-mail?

Visit www.virginmedia.com for more information, and more fun.

This email and any attachments are or may be confidential and legally privileged
and are sent solely for the attention of the addressee(s). If you have received this
email in error, please delete it from your system: its use, disclosure or copying is
unauthorised. Statements and opinions expressed in this email may not represent
those of Virgin Media. Any representations or commitments in this email are
subject to contract.

Registered office: Media House, Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UP