flume-user mailing list archives

From Marina <ppi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Flume ElasticSearchSink - how to customize index name
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 20:06:49 GMT
Hi,I'm researching am option of populating ElasticSearch cluster from Flume for Apache-like
logs. One of the requirements is to add log events to a specific index - the index name has
to be determined based on a 'customerId'-like property available in the log message, that
can be parsed out.I see that I can potentially customize event parsing logic by writing a
custom SErializer by implementing the ElasticSearchIndexRequestBuilderFactory interface.Any
suggestion on how I could also customize index selection?
thanks!Marina