flume-user mailing list archives

From "Hari Shreedharan" <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Channel full exception
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 09:11:33 GMT
You need to increase the transaction capacity to the maximum size the list could be.

Thanks, Hari

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 12:29 AM, mahendran m <mahendranec@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi ,
> I am using the flume JMS source to dequeue message from ActiveMQ and convert this message
into `List<Event>` using custom converter
> Channel configuration
>     agent.channels.c1.type = memory    agent.channels.c1.capacity = 1000000    agent.channels.c1.transactionCapacity
= 1500
> when size of the `List<Event>` is less than or equal to 1500 (channel transaction
capacity),then flume write the events to channel , but if the event size is greater than 1500
then  i am getting the below exception
> Error log
>     21 Apr 2015 12:19:28,245 WARN  [PollableSourceRunner-JMSSource-s1] (org.apache.flume.source.jms.JMSSource.doProcess:263)
 - Error appending event to channel. Channel might be full. Consider increasing the channel
capacity or make sure the sinks perform faster.    org.apache.flume.ChannelException: Unable
to put batch on required channel: org.apache.flume.channel.MemoryChannel{name: c1}    	at
org.apache.flume.channel.ChannelProcessor.processEventBatch(ChannelProcessor.java:200)
	at org.apache.flume.source.jms.JMSSource.doProcess(JMSSource.java:257)    	at org.apache.flume.source.AbstractPollableSource.process(AbstractPollableSource.java:54)
   	at org.apache.flume.source.PollableSourceRunner$PollingRunner.run(PollableSourceRunner.java:139)
   	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)    Caused by: org.apache.flume.ChannelException:
Put queue for MemoryTransaction of capacity 1500 full, consider committing more frequently,
increasing capacity or increasing thread count    	at org.apache.flume.channel.MemoryChannel$MemoryTransaction.doPut(MemoryChannel.java:84)
   	at org.apache.flume.channel.BasicTransactionSemantics.put(BasicTransactionSemantics.java:93)
   	at org.apache.flume.channel.BasicChannelSemantics.put(BasicChannelSemantics.java:80)
  	at org.apache.flume.channel.ChannelProcessor.processEventBatch(ChannelProcessor.java:189)
   	... 4 more