flume-user mailing list archives

From Majid Alfifi <majid.alf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Binding Avro Sink to local private ip
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 19:33:56 GMT
Hi Jeff,

The avro source is running on a different server. The server running the
avro sink has two network interfaces one public and another for a private
network. When I checked network utilization I found that the avro sink is
using the public ip. I was hoping there might be a way to specify which
interface the avro sink should use.

After some checking I found out I was actually using the public interface
of the remote avro source so there was no way to reach it using the private
interface. When I changed that, the avro sink automatically started using
the private interface. I am not sure if there is any case where the ability
to bind to a certain local interface maybe useful or even meaningful.

Thanks,
Majid

agent.sinks.AvroSink.type = avro
agent.sinks.AvroSink.channel = MemChannel
agent.sinks.AvroSink.hostname = 189.45.**.**
agent.sinks.AvroSink.port = 4353
agent.sinks.AvroSink.compression-type = deflate
agent.sinks.AvroSink.batch-size=400

agent.sources.AvroSource.type = avro
agent.sources.AvroSource.channels = FileChannel
agent.sources.AvroSource.bind = 0.0.0.0
agent.sources.AvroSource.port = 4353
agent.sources.AvroSource.compression-type = deflate