flume-user mailing list archives

From Eric Czech <eczec...@gmail.com>
Subject Lost Messages in Flume
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 14:53:34 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out what happens in the event of a misconfiguration
where a source is connected to a channel that isn't configured.

In other words, if channel "my_channel" is connected to an HBase sink (what
I want) but I accidentally point my source at "mmmy_channel" in the flume
properties file, what happens?  The user guide states that the transaction
fails but how can we detect that condition and do something with the event?

Some side notes:
- We're using a JMS source
- We'll definitely use config management or a validation to try to keep
misconfigurations from happening, but we still need to know how to deal
with when they do

Thank you!