flume-user mailing list archives

From "Hari Shreedharan" <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Delete individual message from queue
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 19:32:51 GMT
It is not as easy, since the channel does not know what an event looks like or why the transaction
is being rolled back. That is something that is being handled by the serializer and sink.
We need to some how remove an event from the channel if it the channel is broken. We might
perhaps have to add a new interface that allows the sink/serializer to tell the channel “forget”a
specific event, and that event will be dropped from the channel and transaction.

I don’t see how we can do it outside the sink for this reason.

Thanks, Hari