flume-user mailing list archives

From Carlotta Hicks <Carlotta.Hi...@sas.com>
Subject RE: When to stop an agent with a Spool Directory source
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 05:31:35 GMT
How/where are you starting your sources and sinks?

From: Mohit Durgapal [mailto:durgapalmohit@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2015 12:20 AM
To: user
Subject: Re: When to stop an agent with a Spool Directory source

I am not sure about your use case but I am writing about my experiences with flume.
Generally you would use flume for streaming data and will not stop the components ever. You
have  source & sinks running all the time so that as soon as an application writes into
the spool directory, the source reads it(as per the flume agent configuration) and puts it
the in the channel from where sink consumes it.
Otherwise, I can't think of anything other than a shell script to run periodically to start-stop
the agent.

Regards
Mohit

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:28 AM, Carlotta Hicks <Carlotta.Hicks@sas.com<mailto:Carlotta.Hicks@sas.com>>